Monday, July 20, 2009

The Most Epic 4 Days Of My Life!!!

19-07-09

1950 (local time)

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY! What an absolute massive past 4 days! I'm now officially running on beer, BBQ Shapes, Twisties, fruit loops and souvlakis! UNREAL!

Alrighty, ill run the past few days by ya!

Thursday 16th: “Big T” pretty standard big T (Tuesday and Thursday) with Ollie Scott DJing it was sick, with all the top tunes being pumped out! Hit it hard that night, finishing up at 4am in the morning and having to get up for work the next morning!

Friday 17th: “CLUB VASS BBQ” Friday night is always Club Vass BBQ night, and the theme of tonight was Oscars. Apparantly this is specific Friday is one of the biggest on the calendar! Over the past 2 weeks prior to the Oscars we had been filming several movies for this event. The movies we had covered were:

· Back to the Future

· Lord of the Rings

· Full Metal Jacket

· Pirates of the Caribbean

· And the WildWind guys put in an entry as well called “Water Shipped Down meets Bollywood”

So on Friday night the entertainments were shown as movies on the big screen. It was an absolute classic! I acted in Lord of the Rings as an Orc, covered in mud holding a sword, yelling and carrying on for the camera!

I also featured in Pirates of the Caribbean as a Pirate involved in a fight scene getting completely dacked and jumping off the pier.

So they were shown on Friday night, and of course everyone was pretty tanked because of pre-drinks so everything was generally pretty funny, but these videos were so funny that I was struggling to breathe! It was fantastic!

Because it was Oscars we all had to dress up in Fancy Dress, so I decided to go as Crocodile Dundee! I reckon I looked awesome. I was bare chested wearing a Windsurf Life Jacket as my Vest, then I borrowed a black pair of Jenes with my SHQ cool old man shoes, then I wore 2 belts, and was carrying around 2 ‘proper’ knives and 1 sword! Very Cool!

Anyway, the drinks were continually being consumed, then we watched it hit 12 o clock and I was officially ‘in Greece’ 21, cool huh!

That night ended pretty late... and I had to get up for work in the morning. Not cool!

Saturday 18th: Well this was the big day! I woke up early, because I was super excited! And hung over! I went to my balcony looked up at the sunrise and had a bit of a moment (just to clarify, I didn’t cry, but I was just like “wow, I'm 21”).

I then got my MASSIVE bowl of Fruit Loops and opened my prezzies! From my folks and Kelly! Kelly’s present was awesome! I got a kick ass shirt that I ended up wearing that night, and a lovely card! Thanks so much Kelly! The other present I got was from my folks, in a massive box. I was so excited! I carefully opened it up to find one thousand packets of twisties and BBQ Shapes! I WAS STOKED! Probably the happiest bloke in Vass! I found the card, and when I went to open it up the classic hit “CEL-ER-BRA TION NOW COME ON” scared the absolute shit out of me, as I was still half asleep and hung over! So I did the sneaky and half opened the card and read the note! Also, in the box of goodies was a sick pair of Otis Sunglasses that the SHQ boys sorted mum out with as well as some sick t-shirts and boardies! Thanks fellas! And thanks Mum and Dad! So off I went to work as happy as larry!

The day was great with everyone coming over to me to wish me a happy birthday! I did a bit of raking the lawn and the rest of the day involved going swimming/ windsurfing in Vassiliki Bay. The day continued and I was able to go home a bit earlier to get ready for the dinner in the evening. I had a couple of mates over here to eat some twisties and drink some Mythos beer! Then we were on our way. When I arrived there I was late, and the tables were full and we were having to turn away people because they couldn’t fit them on, which sucked, but I caught up with them in Zeus anyway. The boys arrived and sang happy birthday to me and gave me a sick Volcom T-Shirt, which rocks!

So many beers were drunken, and we left paid our money and headed off to the next bar! Where more drinks were drunken, then we eventually made our way to the almighty Zeus Bar! Well, it erupted!

The tunes were epic, with Wonderwall, Bohemian Rhapsody and of course my personal favourite here in Greece... MR. BOOMBASTIC by Shaggy!. Everyone was on the poles singing and dancing! It was awesome.

The nights continued to the early hours of the morning and ended up eating a Crepe at the end of the night. It was great!

But I had to be awake before 10 the next day, as we were going on a road trip!!!

Sunday 19th: I was woken up by the beeping of my alarm! It was 9 o clock, and I had to get ready to meet the boys down at the beach by 10, so we could head up to the north beaches for a windsurf. So we packed the little jeep sky high full of kit and headed off up north to find some new windsurf places.

Anyway, we made it up to the beach, and realised that there was no wind... we made a call back to Vassiliki to see what the wind was doing there, and Andrew said that it was blowing its tits off! Huge wind, about 30+kts 4.2 weather! We looked at each other and just smiled and went to sleep in the cars waiting for the wind to kick in.

We waited for about 30 minutes, got bored and drove off to another windsurfing location up north to see if it was windy there, and of course there was no wind.

So off we went again, back home to Vassiliki to find it just going off, we quickly rigged up and hit the water.

It was so windy, the board just wanted to be throw off the water, I was absolutely having a ball, sailing around completely overpowered. I couldn’t stop thinking to myself what an epic 4 days I’ve had. Anyway, the wind kept building, till I could no longer handle a 4.2 sail, so I went down to a 3.7, smallest sail I've ever used.

It was when I boosted off a wave, just got a huge amout of lift and I was in the air feeling quite uncomfortable so I tried to ditch my kit mid air because I knew I was going to stack it, I then realised I was stuck in my harness and the rig was still attatched to me, so I did the running man all the way till I hit the water, and landed elbow first on the mast, breaking it in two! I was in so much pain! But I still thought it was the funniest thing ever. I swam back to the beach, and just sat down for a bit just to get my breath back.

After 30 minutes of sitting down, I rigged a 3.3 (again smallest sail I've ever used) went out, was still to overpowered! So I thought, I'm just going to hurt myself so I better just go in.

I realised that my elbow was in a bad way, it had the BIGGEST lump on it looked a bit like it was broken, but it was alright. For the rest of the day I just watched the boys doing tricks.

All the boys reckoned that it was at least 40 knots with gusts for 50 knots! I reckon one of the windiest days I've ever see, what made it different is that there was no swell, just nasty chop! But all you need to do, is go off a small bit of chop and the lift you get from your sail is crazy!!!

That night I was speaking to Rik who is one of the top sailors down here. He said “Mate, I went for a forward, and I was so scared that I farted, and I just had to check my wetsuit to see that I didn’t shit myself” so that just gives you an idea of how windy it was.

Anyway, that night was just spent relaxing and thinking about what an awesome 4 days I have had.

Anyway, I think that’s everything! The next time we speak, I will probably be in Egypt!

Take care guys!

Steve the 21 year old, and now officially an adult... yeah right!

PS: THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! IT MEANS ALOT!





Lozza and I getting ready for the big Club Vass BBQ


Jay from GlobalShots.co.uk as the scientist from Back to the future


My mate jay, absolutely tanked!


The Ginge Ninge (IAN) from Melbourne having a pint!

Old mate Jay and me! "thats not a knife! this is a knife"



Send it big fella!
Dancing on the pole in ZEUS BAR!

Domi and Me!


Probably singing to Bohemsian Raposody on my Birthday! NICE SHIRT KEL!

Probably wonder wall! by Oasis!

2 Pump and myself!

Send it little fella!

Lozza and myself! rocking out!

Max and Blue Juice! Bad Mix!


Now im sending it!

The beginning of the road trip! Stacking the hire car sky high!

We made it too the beach... and realized that theres no wind! So we all fell asleep!

On the road back to Vass!!!

VASS WAS GOING OFF! 40+ KNOTS!


Thats it from me! THANKS FOR ALL THE BDAY WISHES! I MISS YOU ALL!

STEVE


2 comments:

  1. That's a great read Stephen!!! Glad you had an unforgettable time but how many days will it take to dry out???

    Cheers Big Ears!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the shirt Steve, you are welcome :) I'm glad it fits! It sounds like you have had some pretty awesome birthday celebrations!
    I dont think I stopped laughing throughout the whole time I was reading that blog! too funny! Although I hope your elbow is a little better, sounds painful!
    Hope you enjoy your last few days in Vassiliki and Have a safe trip to Egypt,
    Chat soon!
    xoxo Kel

    ReplyDelete