1042 (local time)
Far Out! Yesterday Was CRAZY!
Some of the main events that happened! Trying to enter the near impossible Syrian border!
· Having Breakfast and Greg getting 2 eggs that were rubbish! ‘this may have been a sign?’
· Realising our waters were stolen from the public fridge
· Arriving at the bus depot to be told we had to go to ANOTHER bus station to take us close to the border... Lies!
· Getting to the other bus depot getting ripped off by the cab, then Robo-cop sorting out the situation and we got 2 JD back. Happy Days!
· We were then told we had to go back to the first bus depot.
· Our taxi driver asking every company if they will take us to Syria...
· No one would take us for under $100JD when it should only be about $40JD... too lazy!
· Eventually we found a bus company that was going, but leaving at 10.30pm at night.
· But instead, we rang our hotel and organised a car to come and collect us for $40JD
· Arriving at the border and being totally harassed by all the taxi’s there.
· Speaking to the border policemen who we convinced that we could just hop in a random persons car aka HITCH-HIKE
· Arriving at the border which we thought was the Entry to Syria, in fact it was the Exit to Jordan.
· Hitch-hiking again to the ACTUAL Syrian border!
· Waiting in line, and finally being served by the Syrian Border Control
· Being told that the Visa costs $100AUD... Too much money!
· Attempting to pay for the Visa, but being told you can only pay in Australian Dollars or American Dollars... which we didn’t have!
· Finding an ATM machine to withdraw some money
· Realising that all the ATM machines are broken or out of order... GREAT!
· Going to Duty Free shop and exchanging Euros for American Dollars
· Flirting with all the girls there...
· Going back to pay for Visa, and only taking 10 minutes
· Looking for a way into Damascus (Capital of Syria)
· Finding a man that would take us for free in his (get this) VY SS Holden Commodore
· Getting told by a stranger listening to the man that would take us that ‘we should get another car, because he was saying something about the girl (Anna)
· Pissing off that idea, and going back to the Duty Free guys!
· Scoring a lift from one of the people that works there, that would take us to Damascus! What a legend!
· Anna getting car sick and throwing up, outside of the brand new car...
· Eventually finding a hotel, because all were booked out. Hotel cost 1500 Syrian Pound ($37AUD)
The End!Obviously taking photos weren’t really on our to-do list! But this is what I got!
In the Cab ride on the way to the Syrian Exit border!