Sunday, April 12, 2009

Off to Mykonos!

08/04/09
1800 (local time)
Had a pretty average day today, after a bit of a drinking sesh, I woke up feeling mega seedy, and knew if I was going to stay in Athens for 20 days I was going to have to find a job, so I asked the hostel people, but they didn’t want to take me on, because I wasn’t going to be there for long enough. So I asked where do you think I would be able to work, I was directed down to the docks, so I hopped on the metro, and made my way down there asking all the ferry crew if they needed an extra deck hand, they all told me I needed my marine passport which I didn’t have, so that was a no go. I then went over to another hostel run by Aussies, called Athens Hostels to see if they had any work for me either. They also told me that I couldn’t work because I didn’t have a Greek Working Visa (bit of a worry). But I was directed over the Athens Studios, which is another part of Athens Backpackers (again run by Aussies). Where I met a guy called Eddy. He was a bit of a character, but could have found me work in a pub if I was keen. I thought about this idea as I was walking home.
When I got back to the hostel, I met some of the girls that I was drinking with the other night, as I was chatting to them, a couple of Aussie girls joined in the conversation, anyway… one thing led to another and I was booking my accommodation and a ferry for Mykonos to hang out with these girls. So the day wasn’t completely a fail!
So im not set to go to Mykonos on the 10th to party, find work at a bar and wait until Anzac day, where I think the Aussie girls have a spare ticket for a bit of a tour of Turkey and the Anzac day… should be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. How's it goin mate???
    Sounds liek you'r ehavin a ball..

    The hawks are strugglin as u undoubetdly have heard.
    Keep on partying mate. Your diary entries are interesting reading.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey steve ,

    Sounds like you'r ehavin aball mate! Keep up the blogs I'm reading them w great interest. Party hard mate!!!!Enjoy


    Pete

    ReplyDelete